Children and Families
Our Children’s program is on hiatus right now.
If you are interested in helping support it in the future, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about our regional offerings, please visit: http://norcal.shambhala.org/families-children/
The children’s program is designed to be a time where children and adults can practice together and also engage in their own separate practices. While the adult sit is going on, adults will create a space for children which will involve mindfulness activities, stories, songs, meditation practice and instruction, games and play time, art projects, and simply the space for the children to engage in and create their own sense of community with each other. We will begin and end the morning with adults and children together in the shrine room.
- Parents are encouraged to bring their children or grandchildren to take part in this opportunity.
- This event is free and open to the public; donations are requested for supplies for the program – $10 per family suggested donation.
- Children Age 3 and up are welcome to attend on their own; parents of children under 3, should contact us for more information.
- 9:45 – 10:00: Tea, greeting families and children
- 10:00 – 10:05: All in the shrine room for sitting meditation. (Announcement for children after 2 minutes; lead the children out to the Community Room)
- 10:05 – 11:00 Circle up: Introductions/Check-in, Agreements, Mindfulness Activity, Other Activities
- 11:00 – 11:15: Snack and Tea
- 11:15 – 11:30: Un-guided arts activity for children, pull out the crayons, pencils, and colored paper
- 11:35 – 11:40: Clean up, Gather children in a group to close
- 11:40- 11:45: Lead children back to the shrine room to dedicate the merit and help close shrine
- 11:45 – 12:00: All gather for refreshments in the Community Room
- Music (singing, playing, learning, listening)
- Art (creating, viewing)
- Crafts (making)
- Flower Arranging
- Board games