Volunteering at the Berkeley Shambhala Center is an expression of generosity and commitment to helping others along the path. Our center depends on volunteers to sustain our administration, practice container, and educational offerings.
Depending on the prevailing circumstances at the center, volunteering may involve, but is certainly not limited to, the following:
1. Staff a weekend program: coordinate, staff, or provide audio/visual support.
2. Help with our weekly Sunday or Wednesday open house programs: prepare tea and snacks, greet, gatekeep, timekeep, or help with cleanup.
3. Keep the center clean: join our monthly cleaning crew.
4. Staff the book store: sell books, help orient people to our center.
5. Take on an administrative responsibility at the center: assist with website or social media, program promotion, etc.
6. Provide meditation instruction if you are a Shambhala Guide or meditation instructor.
If you feel inspired to volunteer in any way, please email email@example.com.
Image credit: bluebrightly from Flickr